SUBARU 1999 – 2007 STI / WRX / FORESTER/Legacy Support
- Subaru 1999 ― 2000 Model Years
- The turbocharged classic-shape Impreza, known as the Turbo 2000 (UK), GT (Europe), WRX and STI (Japan)
- Subaru 2001-2007 Model Years
- Turbocharged WRX and STi Impreza, Legacy and Forester vehicles fitted with a cable throttle
- Subaru 2004-2007 Model Years
- Turbocharged Impreza, WRX, STi, Legacy and Forester vehicles fitted with Electronic Throttle Control engine management that require the K-Line programming protocol
- Subaru CAN Diesel ― Subaru 2007-2014 Model Years
- WRX, Legacy, Outback and Forester vehicles that use the Subaru flat-four diesel engine
RaceROM Custom Features
RaceROM Custom features are written into our tuning software to give you unique features that don’t come as standard. They need to be set up by an EcuTek tuner, and you may be charged extra as they take time to configure.
The following RaceROM features are only available on Petrol Electronic Throttle Models from 2004 to 2007
- Two-way Mode Switching
- Swap between two different modes using either the SI-Drive in road and race or full throttle and the defog switch. A flashing check engine light (CEL) indicates the current map switch mode that’s selected. Here are some examples of the modes you could set up: Track Mode; E85; Fast Road Mode, Economy Mode. It’s up to you to decide what set-up you want in each mode.
- Adjustable Launch Control with BOTL
- Live adjustment of the launch RPM using the cruise-control switchgear or the ECU Connect app. BOTL (Boost-off-the-line) enables you to set any boost pressure you want on launch! Use either the cruise control or your phone via the ECU Connect app to adjust live. It can be enabled in ROAD or RACE mode
- Per Gear Boost Control
- Adjust boost in each gear to get the maximum performance and traction in each gear.
- Per Gear Rev Limits
- Your tuner can adjust rev limits in each gear to get maximum performance. This is also available per mode.
- Speed Density Option
- Run a speed density tune if you want to get rid of your MAF sensor to run bigger intakes.
- Flat-foot Shift
- Make full-throttle gearshifts by reducing engine torque and controlling the engine speed during the gear change.
- Auto Blip
- Applies a short burst of throttle when downshifting under braking to provide a smooth entry into the next gear
- Self Adjusting FlexFuel
- No more worries about calculating the ethanol in the tank; our RaceROM self-adjusting flex-fuel does it all for you. Just fit a 0-5v Flex Fuel sensor, and off you go. Whatever Ethanol content in the tank, the tune will automatically adjust to give you optimal performance. Link up with ECU Connect to display the current Ethanol blend on a gauge in a dashboard.
- Fail Safes
- Fuel pressure and wideband fail-safes to protect your engine against a drop in fuel pressure and leaning out.
- 3 x ECU Inputs
- Import 0-5V signals (wideband, flex-fuel, EGT) through various sensors.
ECU Connect – Use your Phone to control your tune
Our free ECU Connect App can be used to control some of our custom RaceROM features in conjunction with our ECU Connect Interface. Find out more about ECU Connect here
The following features need to be set up in the tune by your tuner before they can be accessed by the ECU Connect App and do not apply to all Subaru models.
- Mode Switching
- Switch between two different modes as detailed above on the fly using your phone.
- Launch Control
- Adjust the launch control RPM using a slider on your phone. This is very handy for cars without cruise control fitted.
For more detail on ECU Connect features for the Subaru Platform, click here
And there’s more…
- Monitor 100s of engine and gearbox parameters
- Create unlimited personalised dashboards to monitor what you need
Click here to find out more about dashboards
- Read and clear DTCs (Diagnostic Trouble Codes)
- Reset your ECU
- Check your before and after a tune with the Performance Analyser
- Set up and send logs to your tuner direct from the app
Note: The above features do not require an EcuTek Tune and are available on nearly all vehicles manufactured after 2008